Reaching the Nations, Together
Passage: 1 Timothy 2:1–7
The Big Idea:
We will reach the nations together as we pray for all peoples and proclaim
the gospel to all nations—beginning here in Martinsburg to the ends of the earth.
Community Groups Questions:
1. ICE BREAKER: If you could travel to any country in the world, where would you go
2. Name some of the ways you have prayed for a variety of people this week.
3. As you go about your daily life, how do you rub shoulders with people from different
nations, socioeconomic backgrounds, religious backgrounds, different ethnicities, or
powerful people (1 Tim. 2:1-2)? Were you prompted to pray for Them?
4. How do we know that God wants all people to be saved (1 Tim. 2:3-4)? Are there
some people beyond His reach? Does it feel like there are some people beyond His
reach? If so, who is that?
5. What does it mean that Christ is a ransom? What is a ransom (1 Tim. 2:6)? What
does a mediator do? How is Christ a mediator? What are other ways people try to
bridge the gap between God and man? Why do they fall short?
6. Have you considered going on a short-term mission trip? Or have you considered
using your skills and abilities and experience to move overseas for 2 or 3 years after
retirement to serve as a missionary in a support position (finance, logistics, member
care, HR), evangelistic ministry, or a disciple-making role? Is God calling you to go
short-term or long-term to reach the nations?