Get Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
Passage: John 4
The Big Idea:
If we're going to make Jesus known to our neighbors, we must get comfortable being uncomfortable.
This Week's Action Steps:
Invite at least one neighbor to spend time with you. Have them over for a meal, out for coffee, or to enjoy a hobby alongside you.
Pray, "God, give me the desire and courage to take the next step with my neighbor."
1. ICE BREAKER: On a scale of 0-10, how uncomfortable does the idea of meeting new neighbors make you?
2. Share some factors that might make you uncomfortable with engaging your neighbors?
3. In what ways have you allowed a neighbor's perceived differences to keep you from getting to know them?
4. How should our relationship with Jesus impact our desire to reach out to our neighbors?
5. Discuss some practical ways to overcome your discomfort of interactions with neighbors you do not know.