Don't Miss the Point
Passage: Mark 12:18–12:27
The Big Idea:
A wrong understanding of the Bible leads to a wrong understanding of God.
- ICEBREAKER: Have you ever had to fill in for your boss on short notice?
- It’s not uncommon for bible verses or whole passages to be taken out of context. Share a verse or passage that you now realize you previously took out of context?
- Scripture is God’s Word breathed out for us (2 Tim. 3:16-17), and we are called to apply it to our lives. Have there been verses in the past, or even now, that you really struggled to obey? If so, which ones and why?
- Reading the bible is good and necessary for us all. Often though, we neglect reading it for various reasons. What are some of the reasons that you put off reading the scriptures? How could you help someone else stay accountable in their reading?
- Augustine said, ““The Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed.” How can you let this statement influence the way you read your bible?