Secular or Sacred
Passage: Mark 12:13–17
The Big Idea:
God reigns wherever His property is found.
- ICE BREAKER: Are you a cash, credit or check kind of person?
- Sadly, it is not uncommon for any of us to forget God throughout our day-to-day activities. Share about practices you have found to be helpful in keeping a "sacred" mindset in all things.
- Jesus set the example for the sacred task of submitting to the government. How has this sacred task proved to be challenging for you in the past?
- Giving to God that which is His means handing Him the blank check of your life. What area in your life do you struggle to fully surrender? How could you let the people of God help hold you accountable?
- How should Genesis 1:26-27 influence how we read Jesus' words in Mark 12:17?