Passage: Mark 11:22–11:33
The Big Idea:
The authoritative power of Jesus moves His followers to faith-filled prayer.
- ICE BREAKER: What is your next door neighbor's first name?
- Praying receptively means going to God with a willingness to have our minds changed, instead of attempting to change God's mind. When did you last leave prayer with your mind changed about a matter or decision?
- Knowing the goodness, power, and love of God, we are able to pray confidently. Think back on your life and consider the people around you that you had confidence in. How did their presence change your actions and feelings?
- We are to attempt great things for God while expecting great things from God. Share about the last time you attempted something great for God? What happened
- In Mark 12:27-33, Jesus recalls His baptism in the Jordan (Mark 1:9-11) in order to authenticate His authority. Why do you think He did that?