An Upside-Down Kingdom
Passage: Mark 10:32–10:45
The Big Idea:
Jesus came to serve and following Him means imitating Him.
- ICE BREAKER: What do you most appreciate about the opportunity to sponsor a Compassion child?
- The disciples rushed to Jesus with their self-absorbed request. Share about a recent or past prayer request that you now know to be a self-absorbed one. Is it ok to pray those kinds of prayers?
- The anger that the disciples displayed (10:41) was very different from the anger that Jesus displayed (10:14). When was the last time you were angry? In that moment, were you imitating the disciples' anger or Jesus' anger?
- The world lords their influence over others, in order to benefit themselves. When was the last time you saw someone do the opposite and actually use their position for the good of others?
- Jesus paid a ransom for us (Mark 10:45), but who received the ransom? What/who, exactly, did Jesus pay off?