The Wall Falls! (Easter Sunday)
Passage: Ephesians 2:13–2:16
Easter Sunday (2021)
Real peace is only available to those in Christ.
- ICE BREAKER: When was the last time you played hide & seek?
- Before Paul reminds believers of their new position in Christ, he points back to what they used to be. What have you found to happen within you when you forget what God has saved you from?
- In Christ, Christians are no longer under the ceremonial law. However, we often feel the pressure to "perform" in order to stay close to God. In what area of life do you still feel as if you are under the law and need to perform to remain in Christ?
- In Christ, we are joined to a new people. What have you found to be the most enjoyable aspect of this "new humanity" that you have been added to?
- Ephesians 2:15 reveals that Jesus "abolished the law of commandments..." In Matthew 5:17, however, Jesus says that He has not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. Is this a discrepancy in the Bible? Why or why not?
More in The Wall Falls
April 2, 2021The Wall (Good Friday)