Only Empty Hands Can Be Filled
Passage: Mark 10:13–10:32
We must come to Jesus on His terms and with full dependence upon Him.
- ICE BREAKER: Have you inherited anything?
- Jesus grew very angry when the disciples prevented the children from coming to Him. Share about a time when an injustice led you to feeling angry. How do you know that was the proper, God-honoring response?
- The rich young man had obtained great possessions but was found unhappy. When was the last time you found yourself unhappy with the things of this world?
- Following Jesus requires a unique sacrifice of each follower. What have you found to be the most challenging sacrifice for you?
- Throughout church history, Mark 10:14 has incorrectly been used to justify infant baptism. Why do we know this is to be a phony interpretation?