A Living Sacrifice
February 14, 2021 Speaker: Aaron Crim
Passage: Romans 12:1–12:2
Our supreme act of worship is motivated by gratitude in response to the gospel.
- ICE BREAKER: What are your thoughts when you hear we are going to get a bunch of snow?
- Romans 12 is a turning point in Paul’s letter. It moves from theology to application as it looks back back to chapters 1-11. Can you summarize some of the truth’s that are the basis for Paul’s “therefore” in verse 1?
- Have you ever obeyed God out of fear? What would change if you obeyed Him out of gratitude and a desire to please Him?
- In the Old Testament worship was manifested through animal sacrifice. What does Paul mean when he says to “present your bodies as a living sacrifice”?
- What should our view of ourselves be? Where does our faith come from?
- What does it mean to be conformed to this world? Why should we not be like the world? Who runs the world? Are you tempted to be liked or popular by those around you in the world?
- How will you keep God’s mercies in view this week?