Passage: Mark 9:42–9:50
True followers of Jesus prioritize holiness and unity within the community of God.
- ICE BREAKER: What brand has impressed you the most?
- Jesus makes it clear that believers are to pursue the spiritual good of fellow believers, whether they are in our "circle" or not. Can you think of any harm that comes from failing to grasp and apply this truth?
- The punishment reserved for those who deliberately seek to entice fellow believers into sin is quite severe. Can you think of any ways we might be unknowingly guilty of this?
- We are tempted to deploy extreme measures to rid ourselves of sin, but we are never successful. Can you share about a time where you tried to shake a particular sin on your own only to realize that you were unable?
- Jesus says that He wants to use the suffering of his followers to display Himself to those around us. Has there been a season or event in your life where you found this to be true?
- Suffering is not what we would choose for ourselves, but it is often what we are faced with. In your times of suffering, what words from others have you found to be most helpful? Unhelpful?
- The fire of Gehenna never stopped; neither do the flames of Hell. This should grip us and drive us to share the gospel with those we care about. Who is that person for you?