Set the Record Straight
Passage: Mark 9:30–9:41
We all have theological misunderstandings that need cleared up.
- ICE BREAKER: Are you more likely to call a "come to Jesus meeting" or be invited to one?
- Until Jesus returns, we will always wrestle with theological misunderstandings. Can you share about one that you once embraced but no longer do? What revealed your misunderstanding?
- Having family or friends who embrace skewed truths can be tricky to navigate. What are some approaches that might actually be more harmful than helpful?
- On this side of eternity, we will frequently encounter theological disagreements. What are some ways fellow Christians can respectfully disagree?
- How would you define theological triage? As a group, list any 3 Christian beliefs (i.e. authority of the Bible, mode of baptism, hats in church) and then practice theological triage.
- The Kingdom of God links greatness to service. How would you put this in your own words?
- When Christians grow too busy bickering with one another about differing beliefs, we lose sight of the mission. There are people in your life that do not know Jesus. Share a name and commit to pray for an opportunity to share the gospel with them.