Frail Faith in a Strong Savior
Passage: Mark 9:14–9:29
Despite our lack of faith in Him, Jesus remains faithful to us.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
- ICE BREAKER: Have you ever found journaling to be helpful?
- We rarely embrace spiritual low points, but our lessons are often learned in the valley. Share about a time where you learned a lasting lesson through a season of spiritual lowness.
- In our society, confession is typically seen in a negative light, but not in God's kingdom. Can you share about a time when your confession relieved your burden?
- The father's greatest fear was realized in the affliction of his son. What is your greatest fear? is there a Biblical truth that you (or others) can remind yourself of that would provide a helpful perspective?
- The man confessed his need and pleaded for help. Why do you think both of these elements of faith are so important?
- We have a natural desire to comfort one another in our distress, but it often comes by way of empty words. Can you share about a time where someone's words were actually helpful? What was different about what was said or shared?
- There is very likely someone in your life that will only hear the gospel if you tell them. Who might that be? Share with the group and begin praying for boldness to embrace opportunities with them.