Majestic and Meek
Passage: Mark 9:2–9:13
The majesty of Jesus shines brightly through His meekness.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
- ICE BREAKER: Have you ever had an embarrassing slip-up of words?
- Have you ever experienced someone wielding their authority for your good? How did that make you feel?
- Jesus denies returning to glory with Elijah and Moses, in order to accomplish His mission of saving sinners. This reveals that, while God does not need us, He does desire a relationship with us. How would you put this in your own words?
- When Moses and Jesus radiate from the glory of God, the people around were terrified. Why do you think that may have been?
- God spoke from the cloud and simply told those around to listen to and obey His Son. How do you think God communicates with us today? Why?
- Jesus patiently fields the disciples questions as they descend the mountain. What questions would you ask Jesus, if given this opportunity?
- Many around us have unanswered questions. Can you share with the group someone you intend to invest in, with the desire to share the gospel with?
For Further Study:
Exodus 24; Exodus 34; Exodus 40