Grieve With Hope
Passage: Isaiah 8:16–9:7
Our sorrow will cease with the return of Jesus.
Monday: Genesis 3
Tuesday: Isaiah 6
Wednesday: Isaiah 7
Thursday: Isaiah 8
Friday: Isaiah 9
Saturday: Isaiah 8:16; Deuteronomy 4:2; Revelation 22:18-19
Sunday: Isaiah 9:1-2; Matthew 4:13-16
- ICE BREAKER: Do you enjoy or despise wrapping Christmas gifts?
- The Lord has great zeal for saving sinners. What would you say you have zeal for?
- Ahead of the pending doom, one of Isaiah's initial reactions was to preserve the Bible. Why do you think this was so important for him? How might we apply this today?
- From beginning to end, the Bible makes it clear that no one should add to or take away from it. Can you think of any common, present-day manipulations of the Bible?
- Christians are not called to put a smile on and act like everything is ok. In light of many struggling during the holiday season, how might a follower of Jesus stay faithful through difficulty?
- The promise of Jesus makes way for Christians to grieve with hope. How would you try to put this in your own words?
- Do you know anyone that is hurting that you could reach out to? Consider praying for them as a group and reaching out to see how you could care for them.