Passage: Genesis 3:1–3:24
Every element of our existence is affected by the curse of sin.
Monday: Genesis 1-2
Tuesday: Genesis 3
Wednesday: Luke 12:2-3
Thursday: 1 Corinthians 15:22
Friday: Isaiah 14:27
Saturday: Genesis 3
Sunday: Revelation 22:1-5
- ICE BREAKER: Is Christmas more of a joyful or difficult season for you?
- Other than the lyrics, what comes to mind when you hear "far as the curse is found"?
- The first sin came with many effects, one being great shame. Shame is something we all have, but rarely discuss. Why do you think that is?
- Not only does sin bring shame, but it fractures families. Are there certain ways sin has or is currently fracturing your family/marriage that the group could pray for?
- Adam went from blissful work to painful labor. How do you see this effect of sin influencing your workplace? As a follower of Jesus, what could you do to bring hope into these situations?
- Above all, sin leads to death. Take a moment and reflect on a comparison between Genesis 3:22-24 and Revelation 22:1-2.
- Many around us are in despair during the holiday season. Who are you hoping to invite to our Christmas Eve services? Don't forget to RSVP!