We're All in Process
Passage: Mark 8:22–8:30
Until the work is complete, God patiently grows us from one stage of spiritual maturity to the next.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
- ICE BREAKER: What are/were your Thanksgiving plans?
- Psalm 14:2-3 makes it clear what our default position is. How would you put this into your own words?
- Mark uses the plight of the blind man to helpfully illustrate man's default spiritual position. Before following Jesus, what was the person/place/thing that you most often sought answers or satisfaction from?
- The blind man, as well as the disciples, were taken through a gradual process of change. In what ways do you feel the Lord is gradually growing you now?
- How would you put "we're all in process" in your own words? How could this reality influence your perspective of fellow believers who do or say things that are not the most wise or considerate?
- As the disciples grew in their understanding of Jesus, so, too, did their boldness for the gospel. Can you share about a time you experienced this type of boldness?
- Jesus once again physically demonstrates the care He has for someone in need. As the holidays approach, what plans can you make as a group to care for those within your spheres of influence?