Sight and Sound
Passage: Mark 7:31–7:37
There is grace for any who humbly come to Jesus.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
- ICE BREAKER: Have you ever accidentally taken a detour?
- Jesus is found again interacting with a gentile. Why is this such a big deal in the time of this account? Can you share anything you think this teaches us about the Kingdom of God?
- Read Mark 7:31-37 and compare it to Isaiah 35. Do you see any similarities? What does that tell us about Jesus?
- Mark 7:33 reveals Jesus taking the man off to the side. Why do you think He did that? Why not just heal him in front of everyone?
- Jesus coupled His words with His actions in order to reveal His care for this man. What are some ways your group could be the hands and feet of Jesus. Is there a family you could care for? An event or place to volunteer at? A local ministry to come alongside of?
- After healing the man, Jesus charges him to keep quiet. How should Christians today read and understand this? How do we know He is not charging us with the same command?
- Name one person you hope to share the gospel with this week. Pray together and pursue with boldness!