Come to the Table
Passage: Mark 7:24–7:30
There is grace for any who humbly come to Jesus.
Monday: Mark 1 - 2
Tuesday: Mark 3 - 4
Wednesday: Mark 5 - 6
Thursday: Mark 7 - 8
Friday: Mark 9 - 10
Saturday: Mark 11 - 13
Sunday: Mark 14 - 16
- ICE BREAKER: Are you a dog or a cat person?
- The pagan woman was utterly desperate for help. When was the last time you felt this level of desperation?
- She was labeled a "dog" and did not argue it. Why would Jesus name her in such a way? Discuss the Old Testament significance of this and what this means for Christians today.
- Jesus does not deny her help but teaches that His help is first extended to the "children". Who is he referring to? Why is she not a part of that group?
- The cause for the woman's plea is her demon-possessed daughter. Do you think demons still possess people today? What might that look like? Are Christians subject to this?
- It was not the woman's wit that got her what she needed but her faith. What do you think we stand to learn from this?
- Many believe our country is facing a pivotal moment during this election season. Pray for our nation and its leaders. Also, take time to pray for opportunities to represent the Lamb of God to those who need Him.