Passage: Mark 7:9–7:23
Our greatest problem in life is not anything external to us.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
1. ICEBREAKER: What have you learned so far from our study through the Gospel according to Mark?
2. What is the heart, according to the Bible?
3. Are there differences between how the Bible and World view/define the condition of the heart? What are the implications on the person’s life who embraces a non-biblical view of the heart?
4. Are there any modern examples you can think of where tradition clouds out truth?
5. Read Psalm 37:4. What does it mean to delight yourself in the Lord?
6. Why do you think it’s so easy for people who take the Bible seriously to fall into a trap where they concern themselves more with duty, or the work of their hands, than with delight in the Lord and the motives of the heart?
7. What part of the sermon or text had the greatest impact on you? Where were you most encouraged, intrigued, challenged?