Hope for the Frustrated
Passage: Mark 6:45–6:56
The presence and power of Jesus brings aid to our hardened and frustrated hearts.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
- ICE BREAKER: Do you have a favorite nursery rhyme?
- Can you share about a time when you were so frustrated with something or someone that you wanted to quit? What was the end result?
- It was in the darkest hour that Jesus showed up. Can you share about a time where the Lord showed up just in time?
- Self-sufficiency is an appealing approach to life, but it never provides what we truly need. What are some natural ways you find yourself trying to be self-sufficient?
- The presence and power of Jesus brings aid to our hardened and frustrated hearts. Of the three aids covered (presence, power, peace), which do you appreciate the most?
- Through "passing by", declaring "It is I", and walking on the water, Jesus is deliberately revealing his divinity—that He is God. (See Exodus 33:19, Exodus 3:6, Job 9:8.) Is this just unnecessary, theological jargon, or are these realities necessary for Christian life today? Explain.
- Many around us are rowing through the frustrating waters of self-sufficiency. Has God opened any doors this week to share the hope of Jesus? Take time to share about these and pray for the Spirit to move!