The Way of the Master
Passage: Mark 6:7–6:13
When Jesus calls and sends His followers, He equips them for faithful representation, not catchy innovation.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
- ICE BREAKER: Is there a particular food or dish aroma that you enjoy the most?
- In order to depend solely upon His provision, Jesus instructed his disciples to only take bare essentials for their ministry endeavors. Can you share about a time when the Lord led you to do something that required more faith than most tasks?
- Pastor AJ briefly highlighted the differences between "prescriptive" and "descriptive" Bible passages. Take a moment as a group to refresh your understanding of these terms and, in light of this concept, discuss any dangers you might see coming from an improper reading of the Bible.
- When Jesus calls and sends His followers, He equips them or faithful representation, not catchy innovation. How would you put this in your own words? How do you think this should flesh out in the church? In your own personal life?
- The call of Jesus is more of an authoritative wooing than a strict, cold command. How might an improper understanding of the nature of God's call negatively shape us and our view of God?
- Matthew and Simon—two men on opposite ends of the political spectrum—were unified through Jesus. What are some practical thoughts we can meditate on and steps we can take to better love fellow Christians who come from different backgrounds?
- Although our culture continues changing, our mission does not. Have you had a chance to invite anyone to church lately? Has the Lord opened any doors for gospel conversations? Take time to share and pray about these opportunities.