God's Agenda, Not My Agenda
Passage: Matthew 6:10–6:11
hallmarks of seeking first the Kingdom of God.
Monday: Proverbs 30:7-9 / 1 Timothy 6:5-10
Tuesday: Matthew 6:5-15
Wednesday: Matthew 6:19-34
Thursday: Mark 8:34-38
Friday: Romans 12:1-2
Saturday: Hebrews 12:2
Sunday: 1 Peter 2:21-25
1. ICE BREAKER: Augustine taught that all people seek happiness, why is it that people seek happiness in things that ultimately leave them feeling empty?
2. The Kingdom of God is already here as believers actively take part in it by
partnering with God and his work as a means to bring glory and honor to him.
Why do you think, so many Christians are not actively partnering with God?
3. Submission to God means that I die to self, why do you believe this is so hard
for believers. Do you believe that Christians can completely die to self, why or
4. Jesus is the ultimate example of submission, why do you believe he found joy
in submitting to the will of the Father as outlined in Hebrews 12:2?
5. Why do you think submission is usually mocked in our culture? Why do you
think it is hard for even Christians to submit to authority?
6. Why is it that extreme poverty and need can turn our hearts away from God
and the people around us; in contrast, why is it that extraordinary comfort and
ease can turn our hearts away from God and the people around us?
7. If you were to describe your prayer life, are you sailing, rowing, drifting or