Slow and Steady
Passage: Mark 4:21–4:34
The reign of Jesus's authoritative power defies all expectations.
Monday: Mark 1 - 2
Tuesday: Mark 3 - 4
Wednesday: Mark 5 - 6
Thursday: Mark 7 - 8
Friday: Mark 9 - 10
Saturday: Mark 11 - 13
Sunday: Mark 14 - 16
Click here for an additional resource related to today's sermon.
- ICE BREAKER: Have you ever had success growing something?
- We live in a society that expects immediate results. Can you think of ways this could be damaging to our evangelistic efforts? Are there lessons you have learned from these types of mistakes in the past?
- In v.23, Jesus instructs his disciples to "pay attention to what you hear." What do you think is so significant about hearing? Are there any other Biblical passages that come to mind when you read this one?
- As you read of the farmer's actions in v.27, what are some practical takeaways that could be applied to your evangelism today?
- The reign of Jesus's authoritative power truly defies all expectations. Can you think of any modern expectations that are shattered by these parables?
- The small mustard seed grew to a bush that provided for many. In your evangelisitic efforts, have you ever encountered the power of God in unexpected ways?
- Continue praying for those around you that are yet to hear, receive and bear fruit.