You In or Out?
Passage: Mark 3:20–3:25
The true family of God is made up of those who do the will of God.
Monday: Mark 1 - 2
Tuesday: Mark 3 - 4
Wednesday: Mark 5 - 6
Thursday: Mark 7 - 8
Friday: Mark 9 - 10
Saturday: Mark 11 - 13
Sunday: Mark 14 - 16
- ICE BREAKER: Outside of the church, what has been the most meaningful group you have been a part of?
- As a result of Jesus's recent actions, His family has come to remove Him in order to no longer tarnish the family name. Has there been a time in your life where you have pursued or been pursued by a fellow Christian because they/you were, in some way, tarnishing the name of the family of God?
- Being made in the image of the Triune God (Father, Son, Spirit), we are wired for community. However, so often we settle for cheap, superficial relationships. What can we do to truly find the type of community that God has made available to us in the church?
Jesus's relatives assumed closeness to God because of their family history. What are some similar assumptions made today by non-believers? How do you think we can go about discussing these dangerous assumptions with them?
What is the difference between a mistake and a sin? Is this just a distinction without a difference? Why or why not?
- Jesus reveals the infamous "unforgivable sin" in Mark 3:29. What is that sin and what do you think some markers of that sin might be?
- Who are you praying to have gospel conversations with? Share one name and pray for them as a group.