Faith Over Enthusiasm
Passage: Mark 1:29–1:45
Jesus doesn't call us into short-lived enthusiasm, but into everlasting faith.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
- ICE BREAKER: What is the most recent bandwagon you have jumped on?
- The crowds, and even the disciples, grew more enthusiastic about what Jesus could do than about who He was. Do you think that our culture is guilty of the same thing? What is so dangerous about this misstep?
- People stay for the same reason they came in the first place. What was it that drew you to Jesus in the first place?
- Jesus was not interested in putting himself on display through His miracles. Why do you think that was? Is it okay for Christians today to be public about the good they are doing?
- The leper approached Jesus with the right attitude but went and did whatever he wanted once he got what he was looking for. Can you think of any practical ways for us to avoid this pitfall?
- Our missionaries abroad continue feeling the effects of COVID-19. Will you take time as a group to pray for them?