Deep and Wide
Passage: Mark 1:21–1:28
The effects of Jesus's authoritative power cut deep and spread wide.
Monday: Mark 1-2
Tuesday: Mark 3-4
Wednesday: Mark 5-6
Thursday: Mark 7-8
Friday: Mark 9-10
Saturday: Mark 11-13
Sunday: Mark 14-16
- ICE BREAKER: Is there a viral video that you remember the most?
- Rabbis would never teach from their own authority or opinion. Why do you think that is significant? How could we apply the same practice to our counseling of or sharing with others?
- While it is certainly helpful to know someone's credentials, can leaning on that ever become a dangerous tactic? Are there better ways to determine someone's legitimacy?
- Can you think of a time where the word or work of God left you either astonished or amazed?
- Jesus's message was offensive to the evil in His presence. When sharing with others, how do you handle the difficult truths of the gospel? (Do you avoid, soften, embrace, etc?)
- The people of the synagogue immediately left and began spreading the news about what they saw and heard. What makes us so quick to share exciting news with others? Why do you think Christians tend to affirm the exciting nature of the gospel while failing to actually share it?
- Have you had any opportunities to share the gospel this week? Share with the group and pray for these contacts!