The Path of Spiritual Maturity
Passage: Nehemiah 13:23–13:31
The path of spiritual maturity is long obedience in the same direction.
Tuesday: Nehemiah 3 & 4
Wednesday: Nehemiah 5 & 6
Thursday: Nehemiah 7 & 8
Friday: Nehemiah 9 & 10
Saturday: Nehemiah 11 & 12
Sunday: Nehemiah 13
- ICE BREAKER: What is your favorite movie?
- What is one takeaway from the book of Nehemiah that has stuck with you?
- "The path of spiritual maturity is long obedience in the same direction." Put this into your own words.
- What are spiritual disciplines? How are spiritual disciplines to play a role in the Christian life?
- Why was it such a big deal that the Jews were losing their use of the Hebrew language? Within the modern church, can you think of any similar dangers/threats?
- Can you think of any examples where a lesson from the past kept you from stumbling into old sinful patterns again?
- What does it mean to "keep a big picture focus"?
- As you continue seeing and experiencing the effects of COVID-19 in our city, what are some ways you could serve others? (Visit update.
martinsburgchurch.org and follow the "Bearing Burdens" side tab for ideas.)