The Willing Unknown
Passage: Nehemiah 11:1–11:36
Recognition is not required once God issues a new identity to His people and calls them to live for His namesake.
Monday: Nehemiah 1 & 2
Tuesday: Nehemiah 3 & 4
Wednesday: Nehemiah 5 & 6
Thursday: Nehemiah 7 & 8
Friday: Nehemiah 9 & 10
Saturday: Nehemiah 11 & 12
Sunday: Nehemiah 13
- ICE BREAKER: Who is an "unsung hero" in your life?
- Due to comfort and security concerns, the Jews were resistant to move inside the city walls. What might God call His people to today that could be likened to "moving into Jerusalem" (v.2)?
- What is the difference between counsel and wise counsel? What does it mean to "heed wise counsel"?
- What does the Bible teach about luck? What is the difference between luck and God's providence? (Neh 11:1; Prov 16:33)
- Christians are to "sacrifice for others," but how do we determine what is sacrificial?
- What comes to your mind when you hear "seize the calling"?
- What is your favorite part of communion?
- Our missionaries continue to face a tall task. Pray for assurance and faith as they labor for Jesus to be made known in difficult contexts.