From Conformity to Distinction
Passage: Nehemiah 9:38–10:39
God calls His people to hold one another accountable in their pursuit of a distinctly God-honoring life, so as not to conform to the wicked ways of surrounding cultures.
Monday: Nehemiah 1 & 2
Tuesday: Nehemiah 3 & 4
Wednesday: Nehemiah 5 & 6
Thursday: Nehemiah 7 & 8
Friday: Nehemiah 9 & 10
Saturday: Nehemiah 11 & 12
Sunday: Nehemiah 13
- ICE BREAKER: What is the most physically-challenging thing you have ever had to do?
How is your understanding of the Jews’ commitment to look ahead influenced by them signing a covenant?"
- How would you define the American Dream? Do you think it is possible to pursue the American Dream while living obediently to God and His word?
- How might Christians today help one another flee from sin without trying to assume the role of the Holy Spirit?
- Generally speaking, Christians avoid talking about money. How might this conversational barrier prevent us from helping each other trust God's ways?
- Discuss: "Always a portion; sometimes a sacrifice".
- Two weeks ago, we discussed and prayed for the one person in each of our lives that we long for God to save. Have any updates? As a group, will you take time again to pray for your one?