A Generous People
Passage: Nehemiah 5:14–5:19
A Generous People birth from a resolve to live unto God through a life of self-denial for the good of others.
Monday: Nehemiah 1 & 2
Tuesday: Nehemiah 3 & 4
Wednesday: Nehemiah 5 & 6
Thursday: Nehemiah 7 & 8
Friday: Nehemiah 9 & 10
Saturday: Nehemiah 11 & 12
Sunday: Nehemiah 13
- ICE BREAKER: Who was/is your childhood icon?
- In your own words, how would you define generosity?
- What does it mean to "live before the face of God"?
- Why do Christians often struggle to share the burdens of others? How can we help one another in these efforts?
- Why is compulsion an improper motive behind any sort of giving?
- How can Christians prepare to receive an eternal reward while avoiding an unintentional belief of the prosperity gospel?
- Engage: "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him".
- Who is one person in your life that could benefit from a generous helping of the gospel? Take time as a group to share and pray for that one.