The Widow's Joy
Passage: Luke 2:36–2:38
As was the case for the ancient widow, Anna, worshipful gratitude and evangelism mark the lives of those who—through faithful waiting—Prepare Him Room.
Monday: Isaiah 9:6-7
Tuesday: Luke 1:1-4
Wednesday: Luke 1:5-25
Thursday: Luke 1:26-38
Friday: Luke 1:39-55
Saturday: Luke 2:8-20
Sunday: Luke 2:36-38
- ICE BREAKER: What was one toy you desperately wanted as a kid?
- What about Anna's life (Luke 2:36-38) stands out the most to you?
- How was it that Anna was able to retain her love for God despite her suffering?
- What are the potential effects of a Christian whose piety is not consistent between his/her public and private life?
- For a Christian, what is the connection between gratitude and faithful waiting?
- Instead of seeking ways to escape reality, how could embracing it deepen our sense of longing?
- Why must heralding be the mark of one who is waiting on Jesus' second coming?
- Who is the one person you're most fearful of inviting to the Christmas Eve Service? Pray for boldness and extend the invitation!