Growing Up in Christ
Passage: Ephesians 4:11–4:16
We are called to follow Christ, and we are also called to grow in Christ. Our spiritual maturity should be progressive, and it should be evident. Ephesians 4:11-16 gives us a number of aspects of what true spiritual maturity looks like.
Monday: Ephesians 4:11-13
Tuesday: Ephesians 4:14-16
Wednesday: Philippians 1:6
Thursday: John 15:5
Friday: Acts 20:28-31
Saturday: 1 Peter 2:2
Sunday: 1 Thessalonians 2:13
1. What was one of your biggest milestones growing up? (getting drivers license, graduating from college, etc)
2. How often do you think about growing/maturing in your spiritual life? Do you have spiritual goals that you are pursuing (teaching a small group, going on a mission trip, sharing the gospel with a neighbor or coworker, etc)? Do you have daily action steps (quiet time, Bible study,etc) that help move you toward these goals?
3. What are some of the aspects of spiritual maturity that Paul talks about in Ephesians 4:11-16?
4. Where have you excelled in spiritual growth in the past? What areas do you see God working the most in your life? (Refer back to Ephesians 4:11-16 as you answer)
5. Where have you struggled in your spiritual growth? What are the areas you need to show more spiritual maturity?
6. How has God shown Himself faithful in your spiritual journey?
7. This week, let’s pray for our missionary families, especially as we think about spiritual maturity and desiring to follow Jesus well. Let’s pray the Lord would use their challenging experiences in a new land to mature their faith in Him and that they would grow in their desire to be obedient to Him and His calling.