God's Word at Work
Passage: 1 Thessalonians 2:1–2:13
When God’s Word is preached, you can’t help but see it go to work. In this passage, we see a pastor’s heart joyfully stirred as he sees evidence that God has opened his people’s hearts to receive and apply the Word, which has fueled a beautiful display of His glory in their lives.
Monday: 1 Thess. 1
Tuesday: 1 Thess. 2
Wednesday: 1 Peter 1:13-25
Thursday: Psalm 119:1-11
Friday: Psalm 119:129-176
Saturday: 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Sunday: Philippians 2:13-14
18 Ways God's Word is at work in Christians
- It saves us.
- "You have been born again not of seed which is perishable, but imperishable," 1 Peter 1:23 says.
- James 1:18, "He brought us forth by His Word."
- It blesses us.
- Luke 11:28, "Blessed is the one who hears the Word of God and obeys it."
- It guides us.
- Psalm 119:105, "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, a light to my path."
- It counsels us.
- Psalm 119:24, "Thy testimonies also are my delight, they are my counselors."
- It revives us.
- Psalm 119:154 says, "Revive me according to Thy Word."
- It makes us fruitful.
- Colossians 1 says, "The Word of truth which has come to you is constantly bearing fruit,” constantly bearing fruit.
- It grows us up.
- 1 Peter says, "We're to long for the pure milk of the Word whereby we grow."
- It warns us.
- Psalm 19:11, "By the Word Thy servant is warned."
- It rewards us.
- "In keeping them there is great reward," same verse.
- It works in us to judge us.
- Hebrews 4:12 says, that “it pierces as far as the division of soul and spirit, joints and marrow and is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
- It sanctifies us.
- John 17:17, Jesus prayed that marvelous prayer, "Sanctify them by Thy truth, Thy Word is truth."
- It frees us.
- John 8, "The truth shall make you free, John 8:31 and 32.
- It enriches us.
- "Let the Word of Christ richly dwell in you, leading to all wisdom, teaching, admonishment, psalms, hymns, spiritual songs, thanksgiving."
- It gives us joy.
- John writes, "These things that are joy might be full," 1 John 1:4.
- It strengthens us.
- Psalm 119:28, "My soul weeps because of grief, strengthen me according to Thy Word."
- It makes us wise.
- Psalm 119:97 to 100, "Oh how I love Thy law, it is my meditation all the day, Thy commandments make me wiser than my enemies for they are ever mine. I have more insight than all my teachers for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged because I have observed Thy precepts.”
- It prospers us.
- "The man who is in the Word will be like," says the psalmist in Psalm 1, "a tree firmly planted by streams of water which yield its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither and whatever he does he prospers."
- It gives us hope.
- Psalm 119:147, "I have hope in Thy Word."
Since Community Groups are on Top 5 weeks, we will not have any questions this Sunday.