From Strangers to Family
Passage: Ephesians 2:11–:22
Community Group Questions
1. What part of the text or sermon had the greatest impact on you? Where were you most encouraged, intrigued, challenged?
2. What would your life be like "separated from Christ" (v. 12). As you discuss this, pray for those in your life for whom this is not imagination but reality.
3. What is the spiritual value of remembering? How does God use it to strengthen us? (Consider not only vv. 11-12 but also the Old Testament. Perhaps do a search for "Remember" in Deuteronomy on your Bible app and read a few of the many verses that exhort God's people to remember their sinful misery and God's great saving acts.)
4. Sometimes we might be tempted to think of God as far off or disinterested. We might not feel close to God. How can this text's teaching on being "brought near" help us during those times? How else does Scripture emphasize the nearness of God?
5. In what ways might we still build walls within Christ's Church, blocking the unity he desires?
6. What do each of the three metaphors of inclusion (kingdom, family, and temple) contribute to the overall picture of unity in the Church?
Weekly Scripture Reading
Monday - Isaiah 52:1-12
Tuesday - Isaiah 52:13-53:12
Wednesday - Isaiah 54:1-17
Thursday - Isaiah 55:1-13
Friday - Isaiah 56:1-8
Saturday - Isaiah 57:14-21
Sunday - Ephesians 3:1-13