Community groups are how we do life at the Church at Martinsburg. Our groups are 10 to 12 people that meet weekly in people's homes to study God's Word and to help each other apply it to their daily lives. In our church, community groups are where a majority of the ministry takes place, as these groups happen in the context of your day-to-day life.
Our groups have 5 core values:
- Spiritual Growth - In these groups, nothing else is as important to us as our understanding of and obedience to God's Word.
- Acceptance - Our community groups are safe places both to know people and to be known by people. No fronts, no holding back. We accept one another in love just as Christ has accepted us.
- Care - Our groups take care of one another in love without crossing the line into parenting or taking inappropriate responsibility for solving the problems of others.
- Respect - Our groups are not places of verbal abuse or disrespect. We firmly believe that we should live out Ephesians 4:29 in both our speech and our actions.
- Commitment - Committed group members are expected to attend regularly, do any homework the group leader assigns and keep confidences when requested.
What happens when a group meets?
Groups share life together. Everything from meals, to Bible reading/application and mission projects, care for one another and those of our city takes place in our Community Groups! Our groups are sermon-based, so make sure to listen to the sermon and work through the study questions found on the App beforehand.
What about childcare?
Your kids are welcome at your group! The group leader and hosts will spearhead the efforts of providing space for your children. Every group is different, so make sure to discuss this with your Group Leader.
How do I get involved?
It's a simple process; click here to see a list of groups or click here to express interest We are always adding new groups and working to find the best fit for you. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.