To sign up to serve for the g4 reopening, click the button below:
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this crazy season with all that has been going on. I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing so many children in the main service on Sunday mornings with their parents and guardians. My family has seen and reaped the benefits of being together in worship as my children have their seen mommy and daddy worship in both song and through the preaching of God’s Word.
Beginning on March 7, 2021, we plan to reopen our Children’s Ministry at the 11:00am service. Classes will be open the first four Sundays of the month. On months with five Sundays, the fifth Sunday, will be a family style service.
Our intent is to reopen on a small scale and do it well. We will continue to assess how we need to adjust and make changes moving forward. Starting small will allow us to ensure we are following recommended guidelines such as: additional cleaning, social distancing (as best as possible) and reduced class sizes. We know that bringing kids back into a classroom environment is going to look a bit different than it did before.
We understand that starting small also means having to limit the number of children in each class. Classrooms will have a limited number of children allowed in them. These openings will be on a “First Come, First Served” basis. If class is at full capacity when you arrive at check in, then your child will be welcome to worship along with you in the main service.
Serving will also be a bit different for the time being. Previously we asked volunteers to work every other week. Our plan is to have enough folks serving that the classroom teachers and helpers will only serve once a month and be ‘on call” another Sunday during the month. This “on call” decision is to help with coverage should there be an issue of anyone having to quarantine.
Class Age Ranges:
- Beginnings - 6 weeks up to 18 months
- Motion - 18 months up to 3 years
- Discovery - 3 years up to Pre-K
- Each classroom will be limited in capacity. Once that is reached, children will be invited to attend the main service with their family. “First come first served”, no registration or reservations.
- Classroom areas will be cleaned and sanitized weekly.
- Outside toys, snacks or drinks will not be permitted in the classrooms.
- Both adults and kids who demonstrate signs of sickness should stay home.
- We are requesting, when possible, only one adult enter the G4 area for drop off and pick up. The same parent will drop off and pick up from the classrooms.
- Children’s ministry will be open the first four weeks of the month. On months with five Sundays, the fifth Sunday will be a family service.
- Volunteers will not wear lanyards, name stickers will be provided as you check in. This is to prevent the spreading of germs.
- Temperatures of all volunteers entering the g4 environment will be taken. Only those with temperatures of volunteers below 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit will be allowed to enter the g4 environment. Both adults and kids who demonstrate signs of sickness should stay home.
- Volunteers will be required to wear a mask, and will be offered a single use one if they would like.
- During the reopening phase, the serving schedule will also be a bit different. We look to do a once a month serving schedule with an on-call on a separate Sunday. Our plan is to have enough folks serving that the classroom teachers will serve once a month and be “on call” another Sunday. This is to help with coverage should there be an issue of anyone having to quarantine. (For example, serve the first Sunday, be “on call” the third Sunday.) We plan to go back to serving every other week, some time in the future.
- We will be open the first four weeks of the month. On months with five Sundays, the fifth Sunday will be a family service.
Have any questions? Feel free to email Sabrina Booth, director of g4 Ministries, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our church office at 304.596.9330 (open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).